The members of the chair are working in the following fields of numerical mathematics and scientific computing:
- Numerical methods for integral and partial differential equations
- Fast methods for the treatment of non-local operators (e.g. hierarchical matrices)
- Mathematical modeling and numerical methods for ocean and climate
- Optimal control and nonlinear optimization
- Biomathematics, trajectory optimization, molten carbonate fuel cells
In addition to the respective lectures in the mathematics degree programs (mainly in the elite master's degree program Scientific Computing), the chair is responsible for the lecture series Ingenieurmathematik 1-3 for the mathematical education of engineers and computer scientists.
Elite master's degree program Scientific Computing
The new international elite master's degree program Scientific Computing funded by the Elite Network of Bavaria starts in winter semester 19/20.
Information on the program is available here.